Saturday, November 21, 2009

New calling


Ok, so I got a new calling on Sunday. I am the new activity day leader for the 8-11 year old girls. I'm a little overwhelmed with the calling. I have no information about the program and I don't really know exactly what I'm supposed to do. Inspite of all of that, I'm so excited to have a calling and to have such a fun age group!
Logan got selected to take home "licorice" the black bear puppet. Licorice is supposed to go along with Logan for every activity. Because the first 3 pages of activites logan drew were pictures of us "driving in the car" and "us in a cart at the store" and "driving home from the store" I decided unless we wanted to appear to be amish boring, we had better do something fun this weekend. Logan and Jonah slept at grandma and grandpa's house on friday and they got in the hot tub. So that was a good picture for Logan to draw. On Friday, I went to one of my best friends fathers funeral. After that I took the boys to go to the treehouse museum and out for ice cream. It was overall a pretty fun day. (I'll post some pics of the kids and licorice.)
Just on a side note, the funeral for Donald Holman was a very difficult thing for me to attend. It was hard to see my friend suffer. It was so hard for her sweet little boys, but even more than that...it brought a realization that life is short, we are all mortal, and we can lose our parents or loved ones at any time. I am so thankful for the knowledge that families are forever. I am comforted by the plan of salvation and in knowing that we will all be a family in the life after this one.

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Lauralee,
My daughter just got released from this calling. She thought it was the best job in the church. She just loved it....best kept secret she calls it. Watch out, now she is the music leader in Primary. Call and I will give you her phone number. cw