Saturday, February 28, 2009
These are photos at the lighthouse.
Yesterday was such a busy day....I could do nothing but sleep when we got back to the hotel. It started by trying to find a pharmacy to fill some of Robert's prescriptions. After breakfast at McDonald's (yes they have them here and banana pies....weird) we went and got our marriage license and then we started sight seeing for the day. We went to the end of the road...Hanalei (like in Puff the magic dragon) We saw Weiamea canyon, it's what they refer to as the grand canyon of Hawaii. We also saw the light house and the spouting horn...an area that like old faithful, spouts water every few moments.
Friday, February 27, 2009
I am now in Kauai (pics coming soon) and I have internet access, so you'll be happy to know I'll post the pics from our day today this evening.
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Now, it has to be something bad has to happen before pictures. I was putting the kids in the car Sunday and Logan kept jumping into the snow mounds. I said to him "Stand here and hold the bottom of my shirt"
I opened the door of the van and "WHACK!" (It smacked him in the face!) Giant goose egg. It hurts him so bad too. Poor little guy...(just in time for pictures)
Also on the crap front...When I got divorced, I gave my sister my Love sac, because well where on earth would I put it. I've been in mourning since. I love that thing. It's not like I can be like "Dude, I'm in my house now, give the love sac back. I've complained about it to Robert and we found one on KSL for $35. We went to go look at it and it smelled kinda "catty" but I thought eh, we can get a new cover. We get it home and I open it to wash it and the insides are thrashed. I can't take the cover off....so it's essentially trash. The moral, don't give away awesome lovesacs...because they are hard to replace!
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
1. Everywhere you go now, you have to prepay for your stupid gas. Well, what drives me crazy is the fact that even though you've prepayed....say you bought $10 worth of gas, when your car officially has $9 in it, it slows down to a snails pace and then stops at $10. My question is, if it stops at $10, why slow down at $9. It drives me nuts, especially when you're standing in the freezing cold!!!!
2. People who use bad grammar. (How hard is it to string together a proper sentence?)
3. The word "irregardless." It's regardless!!!!!
4. The phrase "I could care less" that makes absolutely no sense. The correct phrase would be "I couldn't care less." (drives me nuts)
5. People who let their kids run free in Walmart (I am not a fan of the free-range kid movement, it's what shopping carts were invented for!)
6. People who fold towels wrong.
7. When people put dishes in the dishwasher and they don't put the forks, knives, and spoons into the container seperately
Thursday, February 12, 2009
I was also pretty proud of the photo compilation that I designed as well as the other elements of the invitation. I love it. I'm happy to be done though! By the way, who would have thought....that postage would cost more than my actual invitations! (Grrr!)
I honestly can't believe that it's all almost here, but I'm so excited. I went and met with a florist today about a bouquet for the open house. Don't know if I'm going to do flowers or not, I guess we'll see.
There's a lot to report. We went on a magical trip to the land of vernal last week to visit Robert's brother Sam. Vernal; what can I say about Vernal? Um, there's a giant pink dinosaur in the middle of town. Sam has 4 wheelers. The kids had fun riding them. I like Sam and his wife Janell. That's about all I have to say about Vernal. (My mom always said 'If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.')
Our drive to Vernal was 4 1/2 hours thanks largely to a terrible snow storm. Jonah screamed for about 3 1/2 hours of that drive. At 11 p.m. when we rolled into Sam's driveway, Jonah was wide awake. He stayed awake until 4 a.m. and then woke again at 7. Ick.
We only stayed a day, I couldn't bear to have the kids that out of sorts for another night.