Thursday, February 12, 2009

Invitations are out

So my invitations have been sent (all except for the giant pile that I just realized that I forgot to send. So if you haven't gotten yours...it's coming!) I first need to send a giant shout out to my friend Misty who designed the awesome invitation. She did an amazing job!

I was also pretty proud of the photo compilation that I designed as well as the other elements of the invitation. I love it. I'm happy to be done though! By the way, who would have thought....that postage would cost more than my actual invitations! (Grrr!)
I honestly can't believe that it's all almost here, but I'm so excited. I went and met with a florist today about a bouquet for the open house. Don't know if I'm going to do flowers or not, I guess we'll see.

There's a lot to report. We went on a magical trip to the land of vernal last week to visit Robert's brother Sam. Vernal; what can I say about Vernal? Um, there's a giant pink dinosaur in the middle of town. Sam has 4 wheelers. The kids had fun riding them. I like Sam and his wife Janell. That's about all I have to say about Vernal. (My mom always said 'If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.')

Our drive to Vernal was 4 1/2 hours thanks largely to a terrible snow storm. Jonah screamed for about 3 1/2 hours of that drive. At 11 p.m. when we rolled into Sam's driveway, Jonah was wide awake. He stayed awake until 4 a.m. and then woke again at 7. Ick.
We only stayed a day, I couldn't bear to have the kids that out of sorts for another night.

3 comments:

Kerry and Melanie said...

Lauralee

Everyone loved your invitations. You did a great job. The day is fast approaching. It should be wonderful for you.

Love Mom

Jessica said...

Yeay! Congratulaions! I got my invite in the mail the other day. Thanks so much! I'm so excited for you!

Jenn said...

hey laralee! those invites are SO pretty. i love em!
sorry I've missed you on the facebook chat thingy... my computer has been have serious issues lately. =/