Monday, January 18, 2010

Diary of a fat chick


I went to the gym for the first time....in about ever today. Ok, maybe not ever...but it's been at least a year, probably longer. I've decided that I have GOT to lose some weight. I know I can do it, because I've done it before. It's the sticking with it thingy. But I figure if I post updates on here, then I'll have to be accountable right? Yeah, I know, no more junk food. Suckish. Hopefully that will prevent premature death, heart disease or the other garbage they say is going to happen to me if I don't lose the weight.

Oh, we both have jobs now. Robert starts working at the Census on Wednesday. I can't even start to explain how excited I am to have him back at work. I love him dearly...but oh.my.gosh. there is only so much gaming I can handle, and I've reached max capacity!!!

I landed a job at Delta. I don't start that until the 16th of February but I am also going to keep my writing gigs for the Standard-Examiner and also toptenreviews.com.

I'll be working at Delta full time. I'm so happy for the opportunity to work there! I'll be able to get insurance shortly after going to work there, so that really is a blessing.

Oh my gosh. I'm so hungry. Why is it that working out always makes me so hungry?! I think it's time for bed!!

1 comment:

Maryanne said...

I'm excited for you Lauralee! One hint to help with the hunger - make sure you are eating about 6 small meals a day to help keep your blood sugar from swinging up and down, AND be sure that each of those meals contains both healthy carbs AND protein (emphasis on HEALTHY - whole grain, low sugar).
Oh, and drink TONS of water! No juice, soda (even diet), etc. Water water WATER!

Good luck. I'll be rootin' for ya!