Thursday, January 8, 2009

things that make me feel "special"




Ok, so to start out, Robert sent me the most beautiful flowers this week. I must say I have never felt so special.


Following that I had a series of unfortunate events that made me feel "special" in the short bus ridin', paste eating kind of way. It started out this week when I suggested that Rob and I go out with his brother Scott and his cute wife Christie. We go to their house and the plan was to go to Olive Garden for lunch. Well, I love those spandex-y jeans that slim in your belly. I love them...so I'm wearing my tight jeans and I sit down in her car and heard a funny noise. I didn't really think anything about it...we went to Olive garden and ate lunch, went grocery shopping at Walmart, and then browsed at graywhale. We then went to robert's apartment where he noticed that the entire butt was torn out of my jeans....not just a little tear, my entire butt was hanging out. SUPER! (YES, I know I should have felt a draft or something...but what can I say...I have extra "padding" back there!) So then, I ran out of gas last night and Robert had to come rescue me. (He's such a sweet man, he didn't lecture, just took good care of me) So then, the door nob came off of Logan and Jonah's room earlier this month and we just haven't closed the door since. I was in their room this morning getting them ready for the day when Jonah closed the door and it latched, so I was effectively trapped there with my two boys. Luckily, I don't go anywhere without my cell phone...so I was able to call my mom.

3 comments:

Mimi said...

Oh my gosh, as always you entertain me! You know what, I did that with a skirt on my mission the very day I got out into the field. It was so embarrassing so I can see sympathize with you!
Well, those BEAUTIFUL FLOWERS and that oh so SWEET sentiment written with them... should make up for it a little bit, right?
Love ya!

Keri said...

You DESERVED those flowers!!! :)

Blondie said...

i'm starting to think you need to stop at the gas station a little more often. :)