Sunday, September 14, 2008

Loneliness and Laughter

This has been such a hard weekend for me. For many reasons, I had such a hard time taking the boys to visit their daddy this weekend. They've been gone since Friday. I woke up Saturday morning at 5 am...which is when Jonah usually wakes up the first time. I didn't hear him so I got up to go check on him. I sat on the floor and cried when I realized that I was in the house by myself.
It's funny, before I had kids, I thought I was happy. I never realized what happiness was until I had them. I can't imagine not having them. People have asked me recently if I regret getting married, since I am now divorced. The answer, not for a minute. Had I not gotten married, I wouldn't have my sweet, sweet boys.
I am so grateful for my kids. What wonderful miracles they are in my life. They make laugh, they give me hope for the future. They keep me going when things are the worst. When I'm so sad I feel like I can't go on, they give me the strength to somehow push on. I love them so much.

3 comments:

M. Dunham said...

You are truly a blessed and special mother. I hope everyone realizes how amazing and strong you are, Ell.

Mimi said...

I know what you mean!!! I would die without my kids! I don't even know how I existed without them! I truly found happiness when they came into my life. I think I would have sat down and cried too. You deserved a good cry anyway!
You know I think you are amazing... but let me just tell you one more time... you are amazing and you are a wonderful mother! Your children have surely been blessed to have you as a mother!
I love ya!
Mimi

Jodie T Photography said...

My kids helped me get through my divorce too. I had to keep going for them. They are such miracles in our lives.