Monday, September 8, 2008

Big Fat Blog

There are so many things that have happened in the last couple of weeks I don't really know where to start.

First of all...
Call it a midlife crisis, call it freakin' awesome (that's what I call it) Whatever you want to say about it...I got pink highlights in my hair. I love it!



And..
For those of you who are wondering, my divorce is final. It was completely official on September 4, though it was done a little earlier, it was delayed until the judge signed an additional form. I am doing pretty well in regards to that. I ask that everyone have love and understanding for Layton. He is struggling. I hope that all of my friends and family will give him the same support they have given me.

Next, I got a new camera that pretty much rocks. It's a Cannon EOS 30D and I think I'm in love...(with the camera!)


Finally, I have moved up to my Grandma Glanville's house in Ogden. I kind of think of it as my sanctuary. Many of my happiest memories as a child were made in that house. My boys are struggling with everything and it really gives me a lot of strength to be able to have them in a place that holds so much joy for me.











Also, I am looking for a job so if anyone knows about a reporting job...or something that involves writing, give me a holler!

8 comments:

Mimi said...

I am so glad to see you blogging again! I am so glad you called the other day. It was so good to talk to you and get to know you better. Like I said, anything you need... I am here and you are both in my prayers.
How is the house? I am glad you are in a place with great memories of your childhood... not only will you feel the solace... your feelings will translate to your boys and they will feel it too, I know it.
Okay, LOVING the idea of the pink streaks in your hair! So, since you got a new camera LET'S SEE SOME PICS!
Well, love ya,
Mimi

Fries Family said...

Well you sound great. I don't know how much help it would be, but the office I work in is hiring. It's not writing and it's in Salt Lake. So Probably not a good fit. But you can call me and ask about it if you feel like it. 581-2358 and ask for Shalee.

M. Dunham said...

Hey Laura, sexy hair, mamacita! I am glad to see you going on with your life amidst all the problems and sadness of the past month. I am praying for you guys and I want you to know you've got a friend if you need anything at all. Even if it's a change of scenery. ;) there are a few good websites that have writing jobs listed. I'm stuck at the doctor's office, but I'll check around when I get home.

Mimi said...

Oh YAY! You came back and added pictures! I LOVE the pink streaks! Too FUN! The house looks so sweet and it brought me memories of my grandparents yard. Fun for the boys! Yes... and the camera looks like a perfect match for you... lol :)
Have a SUPER day!
Mimi

Keri said...

Ogden, eh? Closer to me now! Lol. The house looks so adorable though! I'm glad things are going okay for you. Mind me asking what happened? You guys seemed so happy (despite his in-laws, but I don't like my father-in-law either)....I'll let you know if I hear anything for reporting. You doing SWARM?

Maryanne said...

Hey Lauralee, congrats on the new camera! I just got a new one myself - a Canon 40D. My next goal is to get a sweet new lens for it :) I've also signed up for a photography class starting in a couple of weeks. I'm excited to take good pictures (hopefully).

It's amazing to see pictures of your grandma's house! I remember your mom and dad's wedding reception there! I was 6-years-old, I think.

I am amazed at how quickly the divorce was finalized. It seems like those usually drag on for months and months. I hope your boys (and Layton too) will be okay soon. That's just got to be so difficult for everyone.

And what's up with looking for a job? What happened with the Standard job??

Eric and Hannah said...

Hello!! I got rid of my addicition (myspace) so I have not talked to you in a long time. I am sorry to hear you got divorced. I have been divorced for 4 years now. The first year was hell for all 4 of us! My kids have gotten a lot better since then (thank heavens!). You will get through this and although it hurts really bad, you will be able to eventually move on! I hope you are alright! ~ Hannah

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the camera and the new home. It's beautiful there and looks like a great place for your boys and dog. I hope the boys will soon be alright emotionally and you find a brilliant job.