Friday, August 22, 2008

Happiness

I believe when the sun sets on one dream, it rises on another. This belief has helped me get through the last couple of weeks. I am sad about the divorce. Sad doesn't really adequately describe it. Inspite of the sadness, I am optimistic for our future. Over the last few weeks, I have thought a lot about my life and my blessings.


15 Things I am thankful for

1. My heavenly father
2. My testimony and faith in the gospel
3. My family
4. My friends
5. The power of prayer
6. My boys: Logan and Jonah
7. A husband who, inspite of our divorce is fair and reasonable
8. My sweet neighbors
9. My boss, who is the best ever
10. The knowledge that I am a child of God
11. The fact that we have almost no debt
12. My ability to write/be able to support my family.
13. The prayers of my friends and family
14. trials
15. The knowledge that life goes on and sunshine will find me again.

5 comments:

Mimi said...

Lauralee,

I LOVE this list! You are such an amazing person! I know that sunshine will find you again. I am so happy that thru the fog you can see so clearly all of these neat blessings you have!
I love ya,
Mimi

Maryanne said...

That is the only way to get through trials - look at the all the great things that you are blessed with. You'll be just fine, Lauralee, just keep up the positive attitude.

Anonymous said...

Good on you! Keep your faith and attitude. Those will get you through.

Anonymous said...

Lauralee,

I love you and the boys so much!! I know you are going to land back on your feet. You are a wonderful mom and daughter. Keep up the good work. Dad and I are always here for you and the boys.

Love Mom

Maude Beckman said...

I am sorry about all your troubles in the last few weeks. I am glad that you are doing well! BTW, I am throwing a shower for anessa on sept. 13th, email me your address so I can send you an invite!