Friday, August 8, 2008

Double Post

So I forgot to mention this...so I'm double posting...
A few days ago, Jonah discovered how to climb out of his crib. He fell and knocked himself out. To make a long story short...he got a new toddler bed that day. (He's fine) Ever since, he's been a booger to go to sleep. He gets up 2-3 times a night. (He falls out at least once a night) I am exhausted. He's exhauted. Not only that, but he's gone from 2-3 naps a day to 1 (If I'm lucky) Does anybody have any suggestions?

6 comments:

M. Dunham said...

When kids hit that stage, it's important to be firm and consistent. It wouldn't hurt to explain to him that he has to lay down and every time he gets up his nap time starts at the beginning again, so he'll lose out on play time if he doesn't stop getting up.

Be firm, and making him stick to his schedule. If he's to the point where he doesn't need as many naps, make him take one longer nap then instead of two shorter ones. And Good Luck - it's a pain, hah.

Keri said...

So I transitioned Aidan to the toddler bed when he was 18 months old. The toddler bed I have has like rails down half (or a third) the bed. So I turned the bed around and put the old crib up against the opening so that his toddler bed was kinda enclosed, does that make sense? He couldn't fall out once I turned it around like that. I also put his bumper pads from the crib in his toddler bed so it felt like his crib - he slept better and it made it more cushioned. Aidan was sleeping well and used to it within a week.

Misty said...

Ok your top picture totally looks like Logan! How cute!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the comment! I loved those old dudes. lol

Anonymous said...

No side rails?

Brilliant new header! Really love retro/vintage stuff. It is my biggest weakness other than coffee and the Internet!

Maude Beckman said...

Okay this might seem mean, but I simply closed the door after a few times. Now he just knows, it's time for nap.... THe first week is the worse, hang in there!