I was talking to one of my good friends the other day, and we were laughing about some of the weird hang-ups that I have with food. It was funny enough that I thought I would share.
1. When it comes to non chocolate candy...I will only eat the pretty colors (IE red, pink, purple) I throw the rest away.
I know what you're saying. "There are starving kids in China." Well, I'm certain they don't want the ugly colored starburst either!
2. I have a method for eating banana bread. First you cut a slice and put butter on it. Then you cut off a small sliver of bread off and eat it. Repeat until the slice is gone.
The most tragic thing is that I cannot eat banana bread any other way.
3. I can't eat a day old chocolate chip cookie without putting a little butter on top and warming it in the microwave (It makes it taste like it's freshly made)
4. I love grilled cheese sandwiches, but I like them with raspberry jam on top
(if there is no jam available, I like pickles on my grilled cheese, but they can't be grilled into the sandwich because that makes them warm and gross. I separate the sandwich after it's cooked and put them on.)
5. I hate bananas because they feel gross in my mouth. (I can't stand the dry sliminess)
6. I don't really like carbonation. I don't like the burn of it.
7. I love lemonade, but will not drink pink lemonade (Have you ever seen a pink lemon? I haven't!)
8. I can't eat chicken in a restaurant. (ew, gross!) I have this fear of biting into slimey salmonella chicken.
9. When I go out, my tip is based on the number of drink refills I am offered.
10. I love shrimp, but when I eat it...looking at the tail grosses me out.
Yeah, I know, I'm pretty much a freak!