Sunday, August 3, 2008

Weirdest thing I've ever eaten

I must admit I am a bit of an adventurer when it comes to food. The weirder the food, the more likely it is I'll like it (I did actually just can a whole batch of Apricot Jalepeno Jelly, seriously.) Well, today, I ate the weirdest thing I've ever eaten, completely by accident. I was putting a load of dishes away and I opened the cupboard to have a crystal candle stick fall out on me. I am a screamer (and it startled me) so I let out a good scream. The glass shattered as I screamed (delayed response I guess) So a little piece of glass shot into my mouth. It actually went with such force, it went down my throat before I could catch it. So...I swallowed broken glass...brilliant.

2 comments:

Mimi said...

Okay that is the weirdest thing ever... just the whole event... never mind that you ate it! I can't even imagine glass flying down my throat! WOW! I hope you are okay!

Maryanne said...

OUCHIE!! That is just bazaar. Last week I had broken an 800 mil Ibuprofen in half (because I only wanted 400 mil), popped it in my mouth, took a big drink, and ouch! It got stuck on the side of my throat! It was there for like 5 minutes. And it hurt! I ran to the sink and just guzzled and guzzled until it went down. I had a sore throat for the rest of the day.