Wednesday, September 24, 2008

A week of funness

Well, this has been a crazy week. ( I mean CRAZY) SWARMS started before I got a chance to blog. For those of you unfamiliar with "SWARMS," this is when those at the Standard-Examiner descend upon a single location all at once. It is by far, my favorite/busiest time of the year! (Did I mention that I love it?) I did my first of two SWARMS yesterday, but I need to write about what I did before that!!!
Misty and I went to this scrapbook retreat thingy...I had a blast, even if the women sitting across from us were total *word that rhymes with itches*. I have missed hanging out with her so much! (I call it "Misty withdrawls") Some of the highlights of my night were when we went to our room and I found this nasty note that said basically "to save water, we wash our sheets every three days" I was totally germed out. Misty got into bed and said with a laugh "Man, I wish I had a sperm light!" EW, so gross/funny! So, she made me smell the sheets, and they smelled clean..but yeah, a sperm light would have been good.
We stayed up until about 5 am scrapbooking and watching Nacho Libre!!! When we woke up, I had a head-ache and felt like I wanted to stab the sun. A condition I like to refer to as a "funness hangover."


Misty! (I love this girl!)


(still Misty!)


Me
(The effects of little sleep and too much fun!!)

me again.

the itches across from us kept mocking us trying to take our own pictures, telling us it is better to hold the camera upside down. YES, I could have turned it..but it makes me laugh because this one is just as lousy as all of the other pictures that we took!


This is Misty's layout that she was working on. It was photos of her husband and the title was "My Edward" lol. (yes, twilight related)

Our 3 am tacos.

Like 2 peas in a pod...2 dorks at a crop!

The cart we used to transport just a small portion of our scrapbooking stuff.

4 comments:

M. Dunham said...

Ok, now I've heard it all. I'm sorry, but I couldn't stop laughing at your description of the other women. I mean, to mean women with a superiority complex about scrapbooks at a retreat... that tops my hilarious meter.

They must be, without doubt, the coolest scrapbookers in the world! Cower before their mighty glue buttons on a page technique!

Lauralee said...

The reason they were classified as "itches" is because of how rude they were. The thin one kept making fat comments (inspite of the fact that her itch friend was also chubby.) Their scrapping abilities were definately not superior...they were just mean catty girls!

Mimi said...

ahh.... I used to teach at scrapbook getaways... I miss them! I would take as much stuff as you did too! I am glad you had a fun time! You needed it, I am sure!
Have a GREAT day! Give the boys a squeeze for me!
Mimi

Misty said...

What a fun weekend! I need to steel some of your pictures so I can post it, but I don't think it would be as funny as yours lol