Monday, May 4, 2009

Rough Week


Well, this week started out really crappy. I have been noticing for the last several weeks that I had to pee all of the time. Not only that, but I had a sore on my hip that just would not go away, so tested my blood sugar one morning at it was 298. I went to see the doctor shortly after that and it is no suprise, I found out that I am diabetic.
In addition, we've had a lot of naughty terrible two's incidents this week. (Jonah actually scooped out 25 pounds of flour onto the floor and then made 'snow angels')
Now today, my cousin and one of my best friends died. Jennifer has had a brain tumor/cancer for 3 years, since she got pregnant with her sweet little boy Noah. Jen has fought valiantly over the past 3 years, and I always secretly thought that she would somehow overcome it. Jen could do anything. She was fun and outgoing and smart...she really could do anything. I can't believe she's gone. She taught me so much. She taught me to love and accept myself for me. She was my dancing buddy, we would go dancing or hang out...and when Jennifer was there, you knew you were going to have fun. I have to think that there just wasn't enough sunshine, joy and laughter in heaven, so our father in heaven brought her home. I love that girl, I miss her already, but I'm so thankful and honored that she was part of my life.

3 comments:

Mimi said...

First, so sorry to hear about your cousin. I remember you writing about her before and I had hoped she would be able to overcome it! And you are probably right... they needed more sunshine and joy in heaven!
Secondly, sorry to hear you are diabetic! I hope that you will be able to get it under control without too much of a problem!
Thirdly, terrible twos... been there! When mine were little, one day they took all my acrylic paints and painted my WHITE carpet in the living room! They were so proud... I, however, spent the rest of the day crying and trying to get it out... it never did come out completely... we ended up with a throw rug over it. I'm feelin' for you, that's for sure! It's good to see you on here again!

Jessica said...

Hey Doll! I'm so sorry to hear about your cousin and that you're having such a rough week! I hope things start to look up for you ASAP and that you make it through the terrible twos!!!
Yep, you need to blog stalk me more ofted! I am expecting! I'm due late December and having such a fun time with morning sickness!

Michelle Vandepol said...

virtual hugs here too. that's so tough losing a loved one. beautiful blog