Friday, May 15, 2009

Toothbrushes and Toilets



This has been a really busy morning. I've been racing to get some work done so that I can enjoy the wedding today. Scott and Becky are getting married today (yay!) and then tomorrow, the kids are going to stay with their dad, and Robert and I are going to go stay in Park City for a few nights. Anyways, to make a short story long, I was trying to get everything done...I got in the shower pretty early this morning, (okay, it was about 9 a.m., I'll be the first to admit, it's usually closer to noon)
I must confess that a few days ago, the bathroom door got locked and I couldn't find the key to get in, so I took off the doorknob. I had just a portion of it sitting in the door until I could get Robert to put the knob back on. So the boys come into the bathroom while I'm showering and are talking to me. Logan says "Jonah just pulled out the doorball." Super. I got out of the shower to find that I could not get the nob back into the hole, so...we were stuck. Finally I figured out an ingenious plan, I stuck the handle of my toothbrush into the door and jiggled it and the door opened. Logan then said "It's good you used that...because you don't want that in your mouth anyways huh?" and I asked him why I wouldn't want to put it in my mouth. To which Logan replied, "Because Jonah just swished it in toilet water."
FREAK! IS NOTHING SACRED?

3 comments:

Mimi said...

ah Lauralee... I LOVE YOUR KIDS! They are so cute and it's wonderful that you record all these amazing wonderful funny things they do and say! You will cherish those moments someday!
Love you guys! Have a fun time in Park City!

Amy said...

Oh my heck! That's hilarious!

TraciG said...

I love your kids. I think that whenever I'm feeling down, I'm going to come and read your blog. :)