Saturday, April 26, 2008

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas

I buy a lot of the things we use a lot bulk. I do this with mashed potato flakes because I use them to thicken creamy potato soup.

I bought the following container several months ago..

and only made soup once, so it was basically full. I have a lot of my bulk items on the bottom shelf in my kitchen because they fit there. Until yesterday, the kids had never bothered them.

I got out of the shower and got dressed, but I couldn't find my nice jeans. I went downstairs to look in the laundry room. As I sorted through things, I heard little feet running. When I walked into the kitchen I saw mounds and mounds of potato flakes. I called out, "Logan?" No answer. I began to follow the trail of potatoes down the hall and into the boys bedroom. I walked into his bedroom to find Logan sitting in the crib with the still sleeping Jonah. Poor little Jonah was covered with a 1/2 inch of powdered potato. It was in his nose and ears. so sad. I picked up Logan and said "Why would you do this?" He said "I made it like Christmas for Jo-dah" (that is what Logan calls Jonah)
I got mad and I may have yelled. Logan burst into tears and said "It's not naughty, it's special." super. So I bent down and apologized for losing my temper, and told Logan we don't use potatoes on anything except for eating...even if it is to make it Christmas-time. He looked at me, gave me a hug and said, "That's ok momma, we bof (both) made a mistake." So super cute. So I thought that was the end of it.
Last night at 11 p.m. after I got my homework done, I was submitting my pay to my work (I bill them for my services basically) I heard walking, but kids aren't up at that time. I put them to bed at 9...so I assumed it was Layton. I finished my work, went to go upstairs...and found mounds and mounds of oatmeal. I had 4 tubs of oatmeal. They were laying in the middle of my kitchen. The oats had been systematically spread all over the whole upstairs. I walked into the living room to find Logan sleeping in the middle of a "snow mound." I woke him up and said "You are in trouble mister!" He said "No, I not..It's not potatoes."

NOTE TO READER: My bulk items are no longer kept on the lower level.

2 comments:

The Greens said...

Oh my gosh!! This post made me laugh so hard!! What a cute boy!! Yes, I would have gotten really mad too. I think you handled it great and a lot better than I would have!! Logan is a smarty!!

Misty said...

Holy Crap Lauralee! He is so cute! I can't believe he did it with your oats too. What a mess.