Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The Saga Continues!



Just when I think that I couldn't do anything stupider (yes, stupider is a word!), The dumbness continues. Yesterday was my city council meeting. I was thinking that I attended West Point city council meeting last week. I guess, in a sense I did...the rest of the city did not, however. Because of that, I was thinking that I was attending the Clinton city council meeting which starts at 7 pm (instead of 6 pm at west point) Well, I got the kids to my parents house at 6:30 and then decided to check the website just to make sure that I was right. I guess, at least I looked. I was 45 minutes late to the west point meeting. I got there at 6:45 pm and it was all over by 7:45 pm.


Now for updated information on my sweet little Jonah. He had his well-child visit today...he is completely normal. I know what you're saying. "What were you expecting?" Honestly, I was kind of worried that he could be border-line autistic. He just barely started walking, he still isn't talking much and he hits himself in the head when he is upset. So I was concerned that it could be autism. Dr. Hom said because he is on track with all of his development now, there is nothing to be concerned about. He said that 6-12 words for a child Jonah's age is normal. He also said that because Logan was such a genius child (saying words at 9 months...word pairs by 11 months and sentences at 12 months) he said my expectations for Jonah are just unrealistic. *WHEW* (giant sigh of relief)


This is how Jonah measured at his appointment
Weight 26 1/2 pounds....50th percentile
Height 34 inches........98th percentile
head size...............70th percentile

Jonah also says...Hi. Momma, Daddy, Woof, What's up, and shut up (only to barking dogs)

Doctor Hom said pairing of words is actually ahead of schedule for Jonah.

It was funny because he asked if Jonah follows commands and I was like "No, not really." At which point Doctor Hom said to Jonah "Will you hand me your shirt?" Jonah picked up the shirt and walked over to Dr. Hom and handed it to him. Then he asked Jonah to do something else. Jonah looked at him, made eye contact and walked away as if to say "Whatever." Dr. Hom said he's happy with it. He understands what is being said to him. he's just a strong-willed little man.

Dr. Hom said the hitting himself thing is a result of not being able to adequately express himself.

As for Logan, we were getting out of the car to go in to the doctor's office. We were doing the valet parking thing (greatest thing ever!) I had the stroller out and I said to Logan, "C'mon little man." Logan gave me this disgusted look and said "Mommy, I'm a big man, get it right!" (The valet parking guy started to snicker) Good grief!

1 comment:

Mimi said...

YAY! Jonah's normal! I can't believe you even questioned... lol! And do I even need to say that Logan gave me yet again... a chuckle! I really can't wait til Jonah starts talking more so I can have even more fun things to hear! :)
And the pumpkin pics are so so so cute! I love fall... fun times
Mimi