Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Worst episode ever!

Ok...today started out fabulously. I noticed the postman about noon and went to the door to get the mail. (I don't know why I care, all it ever is filled with is bills). I always love getting the mail. I was hoping that it was my year for that elusive "publisher clearing house prize." No such luck. I noticed that the only mail there was from the city of South Ogden. It was from the court. For a moment I worried that I was being summoned for something to do with the kids or something else. Well, it was just a kind letter to inform me that there was a warrant for my arrest. Super.
Now let me explain. I got a ticket a couple of weeks ago. What can I say, I was in a hurry to get home for a date. Well, the cop...who was only doing his job, was a big jerkface and threw the book at me. (No drivers license, no proof of insurance, 18 over the speed limit, and no front lisence plate) So, I called the court and the ticket was like $180. Good frickin' grief. I went to court and the judge cut it in half and said that I needed to bring proof of insurance, driver's license and proof I fixed my front lisence plate. SO...I do that. I got proof of insurance from my insurance company and took my stupid driver's lisence in. I get to the office and the lady says to me "No, that paper is not acceptable, your agent needs to fax us this information." So I call my agent and he agrees to fax the info. I call the city of South Ogden and the idiot ladies are like "Why don't you just bring it down?" and I told her than I was told that it had to be faxed by my agent. The lady said "I don't know who told you that, but they were wrong." So I asked if there was any rule against having it faxed and she said it would be ok if my agent faxed it.
So my agent faxes the proof of insurance to them yet again. Then this notice of a bench warrant comes today stating that I never attempted to prove that I had insurance.

My thought was "Are they kidding me? I did it three times!!!" SO I had to miss half of school to go to court and fight this stupid thing. I got up there and there were 4 other cases (of approximately 10) in which they had never recieved faxed information. How dumb is that city? They double their workload by employing incompitent workers and then try to issue me a $75 fee to take care of the warrant for their stupidness. GRR! Give me a break!

3 comments:

The Greens said...

Holy Crap! How frustrating!

Mimi said...

OH MY GOSH! That is so so so CRAZY! I can't believe it! I hope it's all taken care of now and that they will leave you alone! UGH! I love getting mail too. I always have; however I don't enjoy bills and I know I wouldn't enjoy mail like that either.
Well, hang in there!
Mimi

Jon G said...

Holy Guacamole! Hope you got it fixified.