Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Halloween and some extra fluff

I must start out by apologizing that it has taken so long for me to post about Halloween. I've been distracted.
I have the best daddy on the face of the earth. As amazing as he is as a dad, he's an even better "Pa pa." Halloween started with me going to do a follow up about a story I truly loved. I'll post links to the story when it comes out. Around noon, my dad called and said "Bring the boys over around 3:30, I think we should go to Chuck E. Cheese." So we did the Chuck E. Cheese thing. The boys were in heaven. They loved it.











After that, we took the kids to show Layton their halloween costumes and then my dad and I took them trick or treating around my parents neighborhood.


Now that would have been a fun night, but my dad is utterly dedicated to making happy memories. This is the same man who marched us around the neighborhood playing musical instraments and playing "The star spangled banner" on a portable cassette player while waving a flag so we could have our own parade. I hardly think the typical walk door to door is going to be adequate. So...my dad hooks his trailer to the back of the 4-wheeler to give the boys "hayrides." It was SO funny. Jonah kept screaming "Woo hoo."
Now...that would have been the perfect night, had dad not accidentally hit his bishops giant suburban with the 4-wheeler (which by the way is NOT street legal).
Then it started to rain.
So our trick or treating was cut a little short, luckily we had already covered a lot of ground, thanks largely to the 4-wheeler and the "magic" hayrides.

I think the turn of events Halloween night has kind of jinxed me the rest of the week. Sunday night, I was driving home from my parents house, but I decided to take the freeway instead of my normal "riverdale road route." I must say, riverdale road is like the armpit of Utah. So I'm driving a long at 60 mph and all of the sudden, my car slows to 40. I had it floored...40 was the fastest that it would go. I thought to myself "What the frick!" my second thought was "Dodge sucks" Not more than 10 seconds later, my tire blows out. the car wiggled, and jerked and it felt like it was going to roll. It didn't, but it was so frightening. My dad came to help me...he put the spare on while I sat in his nice warm car.
Yesterday, I had to go take the coversheet for my paysheets into work. They were really late and I was in a hurry to get them there. I went to the bank and cashed my checks. Then I drove to the Standard-Examiner.
I got there no problem. On the way out of the parking lot my car sighs a giant heave and then....runs out of gas. Super. I called my mom, well david answered. I said to him "Is mom there?" He grunted some sort of inaudiable response which I understood to be "No."
Lauralee: "Where is she?"
David: "Dentist."
Lauralee: "I need help, I ran out of gas."
David: "Why are you so stupid?"
Lauralee: "Will you please help me."
David: "Call her cell phone."
Click.(the sound of the phone disconnecting)

So I am standing next to my car in the middle of nowhere and I started thinking about how absolutely screwed I was.

I must explain, I have an awesome boyfriend. He is so great! He works graves and it's one of those rules. "Don't call before 3 p.m." If it had been noon, it may have been forgivable, but at 9 am, he'd probably only been sleeping for a few hours. I was stuck though, so I called him. He was there within 10 minutes. He took me to the gas station. I get there and go inside to buy a $15 gas can (you know, the ones they sell at Walmart for $5?) I come outside and fill it up with gas and the frickin' can had a hole in the bottom. So I run inside to "exchange" the stupid can for one without a giant hole in the bottom. We finally get the gas in the can..and he takes me back to the parking lot. Now, I try to pour it into my gas tank...and it starts to gush all over the ground and my hands. It took two of us, one to pull the lever, and one to pour to actually get the gas in there. Tragic.

So I'm still driving on a donut (When I say that, Logan says 'Doughnuts are for eating, silly momma') and I could use a change in luck, lol.

2 comments:

Mimi said...

What a Halloween!!! You never cease to entertain me when I check in on the blog!!!
I want to see some pictures of the TWO CUTEST LITTLE BOYS EVER in their Halloween Costumes!
Mimi

Mimi said...

Okay so LOVING the pictures!!!!! CUTE KIDS!
Looks like they had a GREAT DAY!