Saturday, November 8, 2008

Pirates and such

I must explain that dinner in my household was never just a dinner. My dad has the best imagination. We'd be sitting down to dinner and he'd say something crazy like "Let's pretend we're on the U.S.S enterprise" or something equally goofy. As a child, I thought it was magical to pretend we were on a cruise ship or something exotic. As a teenager, I was embarrassed by the nerdiness of my family. Now, he still does this, but I'm completely entertained. Yesterday, my dad came to help me with my car, which has been having some difficulties. I insisted that he stay for my homemade soup and breadsticks. I had served everybody else and was preparing my food as I listened intently to my dad and 3 year old Logan talking.

Dad: "Let's pretend we're on a ship."
Logan: "Yeah, a pirate ship"
Dad: "Ok, a pirate ship. What exactly do pirates do?"
Logan: "Pillage booty."

I laughed my head off. SO funny!

2 comments:

Keri said...

Cute, cute, cute and how fun!

Mimi said...

Oh I love your kids! And I think it would be great fun to pretend we were somewhere else for dinner than just at home. I bet you have many great memories of that!