Tuesday, March 11, 2008

I am Grateful for a Testimony

I was recently talking to my brother-in-law. He is a really great guy, but some where along in his experiences of life, he lost his testimony. He told me he can't remember what a testimony meeting is like and the extent of his would be "I'm here." That got me thinking about all of the blessings that I have in my life. I am so thankful for the sweet small spirit that has born witness in my heart to the truthfulness of the gospel. It's amazing, when you have it..it seems like such a small tender thing, the promptings of the spirit. When it's missing, the void it leaves behind is huge. It is all encompassing, it takes the light and blends it with the dark, and makes decisions (the right from wrong kind) difficult. I am thankful that, in my life, I have the tender whisperings of the spirit. I love my father in heaven and I am so grateful for his gifts in my life!

No comments: