Sunday, March 9, 2008

Random Ramblings

*****WARNING>>>>> I AM ON MY SOAP BOX ON THIS ONE!!!******(politically based)

Why am I a Democrat? Well, that's actually pretty easy, I feel like the Democrats have more of my priorities in mind...Education, Health care, etc. Why do I favor Barrack Obama over Hillary Clinton, that also is pretty easy! I think Hillary has proven herself to be a liar. She has proven that she will say anything or do anything to accomplish what she wants. I think she is completely unethical! Let's look at the time that she did spend in the White House! Both she and Bill had scandals while living there...Do we really want a Clinton (let alone both of them!!!) in the White House again? I can tell you I don't! I think Hillary Clinton has enough haters across America that she is the only shot that John McCain has!!!
This just in...John McCain is endorsing Hillary for the Democratic nomination!!!! (kidding)

This brings me to another point, I am really annoyed with all of the Mormons out there who think that the only ones of us who are getting into the Celestial Kingdom are those of us who are Republican and voted for Mitt Romney. People who are going to vote, need to be aware of the issues. They need to know what their candidate stands for, anything else is irresponsible and foolish. For example, did you know that Mitt Romney favors Tax cuts for the highest tax bracket because "they are the ones with money to spend." The last time I checked, I don't know anyone who qualifies for those tax cuts! (Except for maybe Mitt) We need someone who will take care of our countries poor, those who are impoverished. We need someone who will care about those in our country (and other countries) who are starving, whose children go to bed hungry. If we can't even care for our poor and homeless, that is a pretty sorry comment about us as a society.
There are multiple references in scriptures about caring for those in need (ie Exodus 23:11, Deuteronomy 15:7, Proverbs 17:5, Alma 1:27) It is irritating for me to hear many people that I know look down on those who are less fortunate than they are. It's not that my family is so poor that we can't provide for our family, we do alright. But I was not raised with a lot of money, and I am so grateful for that. It allows me to have compassion for those who are in need.
I think Barrack represents those of us across the nation who are middle class. Those of us who work hard to make our money. The son of a single mother, he grew up poor and has compassion for those who are in need!

Anyways...I am done ranting for tonight!!!

1 comment:

Maryanne said...

Hmmm, Lauralee, a supporter of Obama?? Well I may just have to rethink your invitation to Easter dinner. I don't know if I could handle having a democrat in my house!

( JK!!!!!!!!!! tee hee)

Good for you! The thought of another Clinton in the White House makes me ill.