Thursday, March 13, 2008

A Ray of Sunshine

I just thought I would share something that happened today. I was sitting in my office trying to get a little work done before I rushed off to the gym. I had been working for just a couple of minutes when I felt a little presence standing quietly next to me. I looked down and there was my sweet boy Logan standing there watching me intently. I looked at him, frustrated because his Daddy was supposed to be watching him so that I could get some work done.
"Is there something that you need love," I asked in as patient of a voice as I could muster. He looked at me with his big beautiful eyes and just nodded.
"What is it?" I asked, beginning to lose patience.
"I...I..I," he stuttered, "I think you're boo-ful," he said finally.
"Oh, honey," I said and I gave him a hug, feeling guilty for my impatience a moment earlier. He stood there watching me still. I bent over and said, "Is there something else that you need?" He nodded and stood there staring at me.
"What is it?" I asked him.
"I just love you very much," he said.
I smiled and said, "I love you too."
Satisfied with himself he said, "Ok mom, I'm done with my business," and walked slowly up the stairs.
I ran up the stairs and we played and laughed for awhile. What a blessing! What a great reminder of what my business really is!

3 comments:

The Greens said...

That is so tender!! What a cute boy!

Misty said...

He is so stinkin sweet! Leave it up to a child to help us adults realize what really matters! Cute logan!

Jon G said...

Hey...nice to hear stuff like that. Tonight Lori and I went out and when we got back, Madison told us, "thanks for coming home." We were gone for three hours! Kids are great, huh?