Saturday, May 3, 2008

@!$%^&*

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to get a child to quit saying a "naughty" word? Our next neighbors are "classy" and use the f-bomb all the time. The problem is that they scream all of the time. Logan has learned this word and now uses it A LOT! I have tried ignoring him, I have explained that we don't use words like this, I have done time out, nothing seems to work. Every time these idiots start screaming, Logan starts to say this word! (I just feel like the worst mother ever. I was 12 before I even knew that word!)

3 comments:

Unused Account said...

We bought a mini spray bottle and filled it with straight lemon juice. When Ella says Shut Up or Dammit (her potty words of choice) we spray it in her mouth. It's totally working.

Jenn said...

Vinegar in a spray bottle. Spray it right into their mouth if they use a naughty word.......
it won't hurt them, it tastes nasty and it's less invasive than soap.

Anonymous said...

Yeh, my Ma put soap in my mouth but when I started crying, bubbles came out and she couldn't help but laugh.