Monday, July 28, 2008

The dangers of having a jump drive that looks like a tiger

Ok, first of all, pardon the poor quality photo. I am feeling lazy and so a photobucket photo will do.




This is the flash drive I bought at my school bookstore a few weeks ago. It is a tiger (obviously) When I saw it, it was one of the cutest things that I have ever seen. You pull the head off to plug it in. I had to buy it. I use it all the time for school and work. The other night, I had a bunch of stories to write for work. My mom and dad were gone all week camping, and so I really didn't have the option of getting any help with the kids. I stayed up until 2:30 am (probably closer to 3 am) finishing the stories. I finished just as Jonah started to cry. I got him all squared away and crawled into bed at 4am. Luckily Layton was off of work and watched the boys in the morning so I could sleep. I should mention, when I got up to go take care of Jonah, I had just saved my stories but I did not park my jump drive or put it away. I left it in the laptop sitting by my chair. (yes, I am an idiot)
I awoke about 8 am to find Logan standing at the edge of my bed, holding up my tiger and the head. He looked heartbroken. "Momma, he's hurting, he needs a band aid!" I admit the first thing I did was let out a blood curling scream. Then I grabbed it and ran to my computer to see if I had lost my information. It was ALL GONE! I tried everything to try and restore it. Nothing.
I had to do everything all over again!
I sat in the chair and just stared blankly at the screen for several minutes. Logan came running in with a bandaid and said "Momma, help him. He's hurting real bad."


I had to use an ace bandage to "fix" the tiger. Logan promised to never touch him again, but I think I need to get a new flash drive.

4 comments:

Keri said...

Oh dang, i'd be devastated!

Keri said...

Oh dang, i'd be devastated!

The Greens said...

Holy Crap, that's awful. I'd be a little devastated. Your Logan is such a cutie though! I love the band-aid idea!

Mimi said...

Oh WOW! I would be so sad too! BUT... how can you be mad at such a cute little boy who was so worried about that poor hurt tiger! Ahh... what a sweet boy, even if he is a bit mischievous.