Monday, July 21, 2008

Happiest Day EVER!

I am so excited I just had to post this (I am in the middle of class, so really should be working!) I got a letter in the mail yesterday from my school saying that they will have a check ready for me to pick up...the residual from my financial aid. It said it was over $700. I was like WHAT? I must first explain that I go to school at the Davis Applied Technology College. Tuition here is dirt cheap and there aren't any stupid classes required like bowling or basket weaving or whatever. Tuition is like $300 for 14 credit hours. It's amazingly cheap. I have been lucky enough to get a grant. I was assuming that the amount they were issuing was for me to pay my tuition. They actually do that for you. This money is mine. (WOOHOO!) I guess the Department of education pays a flat amount no matter what school you attend. Because tuition and books are so much less....I get money back (How rad is that?)

Also, I was going through some of my tech books trouble shooting with my dead laptop. I feel a little like Dr. Frankenstein...but "It's alive!

No comments: