Monday, July 14, 2008

*WONDERFUL* Weekend



My friend Heather called me a few days ago and asked if I would be willing to come and stay the night at the hotel her sister was getting married at and watch the kids during the ceremony and the reception. I didn't really understand what I was agreeing to. I thought it was going to be SO hard. After all, with my two boys there would be 5 kids that were 3 or under. At the last moment my mom and Lisa decided to take our boys for the night so that we would only have to watch 3 kids.
We got there, did I mention it was the Grand America Hotel? I had never been there so I had no idea how fancy shmancy it would be! (*AMAZING!*) We got there about 7:30 p.m. but apparently the boys were having a great time at the reception. We sat up in this amazing room until about 9 p.m. when Allison (heather's sister) brought her little boy upstairs. We played with him for an hour or so. He was the funniest little boy! Then he went back downstairs to dance with his mommy. Heather brought her boys upstairs and they were both asleep within 5 minutes. (why don't my boys sleep like that?) and then Allison came back with her little boy for about 5 minutes. Overall, we didn't do much. I almost felt guilty when every one went home and left us in this suite all by ourselves (I said ALMOST) It was awesome. And it was the first time we've been able to get away without the boys in 3 years.

2 comments:

M. Dunham said...

Oh, I was just teasing you about the friends list, I promise!

Sounds like a great time. You gotta have time without the kids sometimes, yanno?

Anonymous said...

Oohh! Posh!