Friday, July 25, 2008

Pickled momminess

It's funny. I really do enjoy canning. I spent a good portion of the evening making pickles last night. It was a TON of work for 8 jars of pickles. Somehow, after they were all canned I felt like a better mom/person. I started to think, "What is it about homemade pickles that makes me a better mom/person." There really isn't anything. I honestly think it's because my mom made them when we were kids, so it's a memory from my childhood that I am making for my kids. I always remember wanting to eat the bottled goodness as soon as my mom had them in the bottle. I remember, to my dismay, not being able to eat the home made pickles for several weeks (because you have to wait about a month to let the flavors blend) This morning, the minute Logan got up he said "I need pickles." I laughed and told him we have to wait a couple of weeks. Just a minute ago he said "Has it been a couple of weeks yet?" I told him no, I'd let him know when the time was up, but I know how he feels that is for sure!

1 comment:

Keri said...

That's cute! I feel that way too (better about myself) when I make freezer jam or something! Funny isn't it?